- Read An Opinion On:
- Gas Production Analysis System
Submitted by: Diana Walker
Everyone has a craving at one time or another for some type of food. While having a craving is not a bad thing, in and of itself, what it leads to can cause stress and strain on the body that leads to disease and illness. One such craving is that for sugar.
To many people, sugar seems rather harmless but further research will show that it is a dangerous substance that causes havoc on the body. Sugar is a major craving for many people. With that said, how does one stop a sugar craving so that it does not get out of hand?
1. Stevia – The main thing you can do is not use sugar. If you dont enjoy unsweetened foods, add a touch of the sweet herb Stevia or agave nectar to cereal or drinks. These are both very good all natural substitutes for sugar and they taste good too.
2. Protein – Sometimes when your body craves sweets it is a cry for something else, like protein. So try increasing your protein intake. Keep in mind that this is not true for everyone so, if having a bit of tuna or other protein does not help, then you need to consider other options.
3. Processed Carbs – Avoid processed carbohydrates. Items like white bread, white pasta, and white rice which are quickly converted to blood sugar, disrupt the bodys metabolic balance and fat-control systems. Processed carbs tend to make the body want something sweet and keeps it hungry as well.
4. Wait 10 Minutes – When a craving hits, wait about 10 minutes. While you wait, do something else like take a walk, grab a magazine and read that article you have been meaning to read, make a phone call and jabber for a few moments; do anything but grab those sweets.
5. Eat Whole Foods – Eat more whole foods. Fruit and vegetables, legumes, nuts, and whole grains contain some naturally occurring sugars, but they also offer dietary fiber and important nutrients to help balance blood sugar.
6. Substitute Whole Fruits for Sweets – Substituting whole fruits for sweets really helps. The sugars in fruits are digested differently than the empty calories of white sugar that are in most sweet foods. The fiber in fruit also slows the absorption of the sugars so you don’t get as high a sugar rush followed by a low sugar crash.
7. Remove Temptations – Remove the temptations for your kitchen. Throw out all refined sugars, candies, cookies, pastries, artificial juices and anything that resembles sweets that are not whole and natural.
Sugar cravings are not good and in no way should one think that they are ok. However, you dont have to beat yourself up if you are having a hard time getting rid of your craving.
Cravings are not easy to overcome. As with any addiction it is a process. However, if you want to rid your body and mind of any craving, it can be done. Your job is to take it one day, one step at a time and to just do it. Arm yourself with the knowledge you need and dont just read it but apply it to your life as well.
About the Author: Are cravings for sugar, salt, junk food, sodas, and coffee running your life? Are you tired and foggy-brained? Need more energy, more mental clarity, less cravings for sugar? Diana Walker, Sunrider Leader, Cravings Coach and CEO of Dianas Healthy Lifestyles
provides natural, safe options for creating vibrant health. Free education at